On Wednesday, January 29th, the Seattle Office of Film + Music kicked off the first Mixer of the year with a resource exchange hosted at Seapine Brewing Company in SODO. Over 100 folks attended the exchange, connecting resources to Seattle’s creative workers, artists, and freelancers.
Feature organizations and agencies were:
- United Way of King County – Tax Assistance Program
- Seattle/King County Clinic @ Seattle Center
- Washington Lawyers for the Arts
- Ventures Nonprofit
- Artist Trust
- American Advertising Federation (AAF Seatt;e)
- Parke Ave
- SMASH (Seattle Musicians Access to Sustainable Healthcare)
- Seattle Public Library / Playback
- Artists Up
- Multicultural Community Center
- Northwest Film Forum
- Women in Film
- Womxn in Music
- Musicians’ Association of Seattle – Local 76-493, AFM
- IATSE Local 600 Cinematographers Guild
- IATSE Local 488 Pacific Northwest Studio Mechanics
- Teamsters Local 174 – Motion Picture and Theatrical Trades Division
- Office of Arts & Culture – Cultural Space Liaison
- ACED (Artist Coalition for Equitable Development)
- ACES: Artists of Color Expo & Symposium
- Washington Filmworks
- Seattle Film Institute
- Art Zone with Nancy Guppy/Seattle Channel
- Rainier Avenues Radio
- King County Creative
Last summer we hosted roundtables on Seattle’s creative ecosystem. We heard from industry and community leaders about the need for affordable creative spaces, building relationships in the tech industry, developing cross-sector opportunities, mentorship and professional development, access and representation for underrepresented communities, and more. Based on last year’s themes and feedback, we decided to host a resource exchange to link Seattle creative workers to opportunities that make it easier to live and work here.
Catch You Next Month!
The Mixer is held on the last Wednesday of every month, featuring rotating activities and presentations throughout the year. Guests of all ages are welcome to enjoy food and drinks and mingle with Seattle’s creative professionals.
The next Mixer will be on February 26, 5 – 7PM, location TBD. February’s Mixer will focus on music and music business!
Have something you’d like to see at an upcoming Mixer? Email Alex Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.