Our monthly happy hour is on the move. Thanks to Jerry Everard and company for hosting more than 50 Film + Music + Interactive Happy Hours and professional development sessions over 4 and a half years at Spitfire in Belltown.
With the 42nd Seattle International Film Festival just around the corner (May 19-June 12, 2016) and SIFF’s Director of Festival Programming, Beth Barrett, as this month’s featured presenter, what better venue to hold our April 27 Happy Hour than SIFF Film Center?
Beth, who has been with SIFF since 2003, will share her expertise to help filmmakers and filmgoers alike maximize their film festival experience at SIFF 2016 and elsewhere. She will explain how emerging technologies and innovative storytelling methods are changing the film industry. If you’re a filmmaker, you’ll learn what it takes to get your project seen on the festival circuit, both in the U.S. and abroad. And – BONUS! – Beth will announce the local film lineup for the 2016 SIFF Northwest Connections program.
Here’s what you need to know about the April 27 Happy Hour:
- 5-7 PM (same as usual)
- Presentation begins at 6:30 in the cinema
- SIFF Film Center is located in Seattle Center’s Northwest Rooms, near KEXP’s new home and the Vera Project on the north side of Key Arena
- Closest cross streets are Warren Ave & Republican St
- Beer, wine, cider, coffee, tea, and soft drinks will be available for purchase – no cocktails or mixed drinks. Proceeds benefit SIFF.
- Complimentary popcorn (with real butter!) courtesy of SIFF
- Concessions including boxed candy, Theo chocolates, and mixed nuts will be available for purchase. Proceeds benefit SIFF.
- Outside food is welcome in the Film Center for this event. Plenty of options nearby: Seattle Center Armory food court, Metropolitan Market, and neighboring restaurants.
- The nearest Seattle Center parking garage is located on 3rd Ave N between Mercer and Roy St. Additional private lots and street parking are also available.
RSVP for April 27, and stay tuned to find out where we’ll be for the May 25 FMI Happy Hour.